Friday, March 9, 2012

Ladies, have we lowered our standards?

As I was reading an article and I saw a posted comment that really mirrored my sentiments:

"I also believe this article allows the opportunity to discuss a very important subject, the standards of our society and who sets them. My mother always told my sister that females are the standard bearers for society. That males, wanting to impress a female or gain her attention, would most likely try to live up to HER standards.
One of the problems our society faces is the lowering of standards that some females require of a male. If a female doesn't require the standard of a male mate to be respectful of himself and others, drug/addiction free, employed, well-groomed, etc., then a male will most likely do only that which is necessary to gain her attention.
I had relationships in my youth where the only standard was that I call the next day, after sex. Of course, MY lack of standards was ALSO to blame for these "relationships".
Most males will confess that they did whatever they had to do to impress their female mates in the beginning. Of course there are always exceptions, but, I believe that as a general rule, females are the standard bearers."
What do you think ladies?  Please leave comments!  Let's hear it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment